What can we say, we feel pretty lucky to have a little one who is so patient with us as we subject him to all sorts of farming nuances. From trellising tomatoes to moving irrigation lines, weeding long rows to washing lettuce, Abe is along for the ride. Some of these things he seems to enjoy more than others. We judge his contentment on a sliding scale, though the scale might indicate our enjoyment of a calm kid, more than the kid’s actual contentment.
So here is the contentment scale on a rating of 1-5 with 5 being the most content:
- Abe screaming so loud we are worried the neighbors (1/4 mile away) will be disturbed.
- Abe intermittently fussing but soothed by numerous walks up and down the driveway.
- Abe slightly interested in watching us work, but more interested in biting the tail off of his stuffed bull Toro.
- Abe laughing with us as we work. Or maybe laughing at us, thinking “I am just hanging out in the stroller while those two are running around like mad.”
- Abe sleeping!!!! This might satisfy us more than him.