Garlic is one of our favorite additions to fall meals so this seemed like an appropriate time to pay tribute. This slideshow shows the cycle of garlic from planting to your plate. Here are a few fun garlic facts to keep up your trivia sleeve:
- The psychological term for fear of garlic is alliumphobia.
- In ancient Greek and Roman cultures brides carried bouquets of garlic and other herbs instead of flowers.
- Famed scientist Louis Pasteur promoted the antiseptic, anti-viral and anti-fungal qualities of garlic in 1858.
- Garlic is known to have been used by humans as far back as 4000 B.C.
- There are more than 300 varieties of garlic grown throughout the world.
- Garlic is known for reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- China produces around 66% of the world’s garlic.
- Garlic is a good source of vitamin C.
no images were found